More than 200 supplier partners representing Ingersoll Rand’s top 100 supplier companies united in Concord, NC for Second Annual Supplier Conference.
Davidson, N.C., Feb. 1, 2017 – On Jan. 24-25, more than 200 supplier partners representing Ingersoll Rand’s top 100 supplier companies united in Concord for Ingersoll Rand’s Second Annual Supplier Conference hosted by Global Integrated Supply Chain’s (GISC) Global Procurement team. Ingersoll Rand’s event also included a supplier diversity exposition featuring 15 diverse-owned suppliers who promoted their goods and services to attendees.
The event kicked off with a welcome dinner and supplier awards ceremony. Ingersoll Rand Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael W. Lamach greeted suppliers with words of appreciation and expectations for continued growth and partnership moving forward. John Evans, vice president of Global Procurement, and his senior leadership team hosted the annual awards ceremony where six suppliers were recognized for their exemplary support in 2016:
- The Sustainability Award was awarded to Bettcher Inc. for logistics savings through container optimization and a reduction in the waste produced by traditional packaging method.
- Wieland won the Innovation & Value Creation Award for working with Ingersoll Rand’s Engineering team to develop new products to meet a defined customer niche and demonstrating a willingness to invest in the development of innovative products.
- The Continuous Improvement Award was won by Regal for delivering process improvements by participation with Ingersoll Rand on multiple 9 step problem solving events that enhanced our mutual ability to properly serve our customers.
- DunAn won the Go the Extra Mile Award for being a competitive cost leader in their global commodity space for Ingersoll Rand.
- The Supplier Quality Award went to EBM Papst for their adherence of our Supplier Improvement Process at two Climate manufacturing plants driving a reduction of warranty costs and defective parts per million.
- Supplier of the Year was bestowed upon Landsberg Orora for epitomizing true partnership by seeking to understand Ingersoll Rand goals and aligning their own capabilities to deliver the right-sized footprint and service model where needed.
“These award-winning suppliers are delivering results for Ingersoll Rand and our mutual customers,” Evans said. “I’m grateful for their commitment and I look forward to our continued success.”
About Ingersoll Rand
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands — including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® and Trane® — work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a $13 billion global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Shannon Bennett, Ingersoll Rand