Advertisements can be supplied in a number of ways. If you have any queries call the Art Department on 973.218.0310 and they will be happy to help you.
If you are making use of our free typesetting/artwork services please supply the following:
Logos should be supplied as EPS vector art or (300 dpi) EPS, TIFF, PSD, JPEG, or PDF digital files.
Images and artwork should be provided digitally and must be high resolution (300 dpi), in CMYK color space, and saved as an EPS,TIFF, PSD, or JPEG file.
IMAGES WITHIN QUARKXPRESS™, PAGEMAKER™, INDESIGN™, POWERPOINT™, FREEHAND™, COREL DRAW™, MS WORD™ FILES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
If the images DO NOT match our specifications, we CANNOT guarantee a good print quality.
Please supply the text that you would like in your advertisement including your company’s contact information (Street address, Telephone, Fax, E-mail, and Web address). The text should be a brief description of your company and/or your relationship to the feature company.
Supplied advertisements must be in digital form. We work in InDesign™ on a Macintosh platform. All supporting fonts, images and logos must be included with the layout file along with a PDF proof of the ad. Ads may also be supplied as high resolution PDF, PSD, EPS, TIFF, and JPEG files. Ads created in Illustrator™ or PhotoShop™ must be embedded with all fonts and any images used.
Supporting Images must be high resolution (300 dpi) EPS, TIFF, PSD, PDF or JPEG files unless supplied as vector art.
QUARKXPRESS™, PAGEMAKER™, POWERPOINT™, FREEHAND™, COREL DRAW™, MS WORD™ FILES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Please call 973.218.0310, email your files to firstname.lastname@example.org or request access to our dropbox.
Please send an email to email@example.com to request access.
There is no charge for our typesetting/artwork services, so make good use of them.
You can of course keep our completed artwork for future purposes.
A proof will be forwarded to you in due course. Thank you for your assistance.
|Double Page with bleed||17.25” W X 11.25” H|
|Double Page without bleed||16” W X 10” H|
|Full Page with bleed||8.75” W X 11.25” H|
|Full Page without bleed||7.5” W X 10” H|
|Half Page Horizontal||7.5” W X 4.5” H|
|Half Page Vertical||3.625” W X 9.25” H|
|Quarter Page Horizontal||7.5” W X 2.25” H|
|Quarter Page Vertical||3.625” W X 4.5” H|
Inside Front, Inside Back, Outside Back (Follow “Full Page with bleed” guidelines for Cover Advertisements).
Live Area Size: 7.5” W X 10” H
Live Area – The area on a page where you can safely place body copy or other important information. Margins are set at 1/4” on all sides.
Bleed Size: 8.75” W X 11.25” H
Bleed – Extra image that extends beyond the edge of the page. When trimmed this ensures the advertisement will not have a white line down the edge due to cutting variation during printing.
Magazine Trim Size 8.5” W X 11” H
Trim – The edge of the printed page after bleed has been cut off.
YouTube Video Placement
A video icon will be placed on top of your advertisement (for advertisers) or on the page of a feature article (for feature companies) in the digital magazine. Videos can be watched either in popup video players or run via our YouTube channel pages.
Video Box Sizes
If you are designing a video please use the following dimensions for the image holder box:
Standard 1.0” x 0.5” Small 0.75” x 0.5”
Supported YouTube file formats:
.MOV, .MPEG4, .MP4, .AVI, .WMV
YouTube states that the best format to use is MP4
Recommended: 1280 x 720 (16×9 HD) or 640 x 480 (4:3 SD)
Average Video Length
Videos should be 1 to 5 minutes in length. The average length of the Top 10 most shared videos of all time is 4 to 5 minutes.
Conditions of Acceptance:
- These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publication.
- All advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher’s approval of the copy and to the space being available.
- The Publisher reserves the right to omit or suspend an advertisement at any time for good reason, in which case no claim on the part of any Advertiser for damages or breach of contract shall arise.
- Acceptance of an advertisement for publication by the publisher does not deem endorsement or approval by publishers or sponsors of the publication of any product or service advertised.
- All copy must be received by the stated dates. In the event of non-receipt of copy, the publisher reserve the right to repeat existing copy held or create an advertisement using appropriate material.
- At least ten business days’ notice prior to press date is required to stop or suspend an insertion and notification must be faxed to 973.455.0205 and confirmed in writing by certified mail.
- Every care is taken to avoid mistakes but the Publisher cannot accept liability for any errors due to third parties, subcontractors or inaccurate copy instructions.
- Mistakes in advertisements will only be considered if notification is received in writing within 10 days of receipt of invoice.
- Advertiser and advertising agency assume liability for all content (including text, representatives and illustrations) of advertisements printed and also assume responsibility for any claims arising there from made against the Publisher.
- If an Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract, he relinquishes any right to that series discount to which he was previously entitled and advertisements will be paid for at the appropriate rate.
- Whilst every effort will be made to meet the wishes of advertisers regarding positioning, no guarantee can be made unless the advertiser is paying a special position charge.
- The rate card constitutes all the terms of the contract, and no agent or other representative of the company has the right to vary the terms thereof in any way.
- Full settlement is due within 30 days of date of invoice. Advertisers who fail to pay within this period will be liable to a surcharge of 2 percent for each full month overdue.
- Extra production work requiring artwork and/or film will be charged out at cost.
- Advertisers’ property, artwork, etc., are held at the owner’s risk and should be insured by them against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork which has been in his custody for twelve months from the date of its last appearance.
- For the purpose of these conditions, ‘Advertiser’ shall refer to the Advertiser or his Agent whichever is the principal: Advertisement includes loose or other ‘inserts’ where appropriate.