Why a mobile app is a strong marketing tool for your brand.
Today, it has never been more important for companies to have a lot of brand visibility and follow the latest advertising trends. And, there are many useful brand marketing channels to get involved in, from Instagram influencers and other social media ads to more traditional methods like poster advertising or television commercials.
However, many of the big companies today have begun to take advantage of one more very effective marketing solution – mobile apps, and smaller brands are following suit.
Why Do Brands Need Mobile Apps?
Today, we’re living in an era where pretty much everybody is using smartphones and tablets. According to recent reports, the total time spent using apps between 2016 and 2018 increased across the world by 50% to reach almost 1,350 billion hours yearly – a number that’s only on the rise. If you’re still not among the companies exploiting the platform for marketing, it may be time to consider how effective it really is. Smartphones are possibly the easiest niche to find everybody in your target audience, so why not use a mobile app to reach your customers?
Increase Brand Awareness
Marketers are always on the lookout for new platforms on which they can advertise brands, or at the very least, make brand logos visible to customers. A mobile app means that every time your customer unlocks his or her phone or tablet, your logo is going to be there on the screen. This is a very effective way to boost your brand’s visibility and increases your customer base.
Collect User Data
Users will typically be more generous with their data if you have provided them with a mobile app that solves a problem for them. You don’t need to use email marketing tactics asking users to complete a form for an incentive; in some cases, your app can provide enough value to them to be the incentive, so it’s easier for you to collect data on your users’ behaviour and preferences that you can put to use when marketing to them in future.
- Onboarding: A small questionnaire when a customer registers for the app can be an ideal way to collect basic information about your users such as their age, preferences and so on.
- Questionnaires: If users can get bonuses, discounts and deals through your app, consider providing these in return for completing short questionnaires.
- In-app behaviour: Analysing in-app behaviour is one of the most advanced ways to collect data on your users. When users make a purchase or leave a review of your products, you can collect data on their behaviour, analyse it, and plan your brand development and marketing strategies accordingly.
Increase Brand Loyalty
Developing a mobile app for your brand is an ideal tool for boosting customer loyalty. For example, Starbucks has built a lot of loyalty using an app that rewards customers with free drinks after making a certain number of purchases through the app, and are commonly used as an example of how brands can successfully tap into an audience that regularly uses apps. Appetiser are Melbourne based app developers who are highly experienced in creating apps to drive customer loyalty to brands; whether you are selling a product or a service, they have the experience you need to put together an app that meets your goals.
Increase Your Audience
A mobile app can also be a great way to attract new customers and encourage them to check your brand out. For example, many restaurants have taken the opportunity to attract new customers by offering delivery services in their app; a method that has helped these companies build a larger customer base by including those who want to enjoy the food from the restaurant from home.
Increase in Sales
If you sell products online, an app can help to improve sales numbers by making the buying process more intuitive along with being effortless and convenient for users when shopping. But an app doesn’t have to offer online shopping in order to be a great tool for improving sales numbers; additional services such as restaurant delivery, or loyalty programs, can be just as effective when it comes to encouraging customers to buy via an app.
What Kind of App is Best for Your Business?
There are five types of business apps that you can use to provide further value to your customers. These include:
- Loyalty apps: Many customers feel that rewarding them for being a good customer is the most important way for brands to interact with them. A good example of this would be an app that customers can use to make purchases in return for rewards or to collect points on each purchase.
- Entertainment: Entertaining users and performing fun tasks can also be useful. For example, the Coca Cola app allows users to watch behind-the-scenes videos and play a range of games.
- Chatbots: Chatbots allow users to quickly get in touch with your brand when needed via messenger services in-app, which can be useful since they do not need to download additional apps.
- Solving routine tasks: These types of applications make using the products or services from a brand even more convenient to the user.
- Branded keyboards and stickers: Emoji keyboards or sticker packs are examples of how your brand can get into users’ smartphones and tablets to boost awareness.
In 2020, brands that aren’t tapping into the sheer marketing power of mobile applications are missing out, with several options for any kind of business to make an impact via an app.