Firestone Building Products Company, LLC (FSBP), an industry leader providing trusted roofing and building envelope solutions, released its 2017 Sustainability Report, which provides a comprehensive review of the company’s sustainable manufacturing and business processes. The report showcases the company’s commitment to providing sustainable solutions across the commercial roofing and building envelope industries and outlines how the FSBP product portfolio contributes to a more sustainable environment.
The sustainability report showcases the steps FSBP has taken to deliver a lasting, positive impact with programs and products that meet customers’ needs and expectations while ensuring a healthy environment and workforce for the future.
- Completed in 2017, the Bridgestone Tower headquarters building in Nashville includes FSBP products and is targeting LEED® Gold Certification.
- The FSBP DeForest, Wisconsin, plant implemented lean strategies through 2017 that improved operational efficiency in its shipping processes that resulted in reduced fuel consumption and reduced carbon dioxide emissions.
- Across the company, FSBP has implemented more than 40 energy efficiency projects that have resulted in 7 percent reduction of energy usage since 2012.
- The FSBP Prescott EPDM plant has diverted more than 12,700 tons of pre-consumer scrap material from the landfill to be reprocessed back into product from 2013 to 2017.
- Since 2012, FSBP has reduced total water use by 37 percent per tonne of product and has reduced total wastewater by 50 percent per tonne of product.
The global Sustainability Report also reaffirms the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) commitment, Our Way to Serve, which provides a framework for how all the businesses that comprise the Bridgestone Group conduct business, develop products and interact with customers and the communities they serve.
About Firestone Building Products Company, LLC (www.firestonebpco.com):
Firestone Building Products Company, LLC is a leading manufacturer and supplier of trusted roofing and building envelope solutions. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, Firestone Building Products meets individual customer and project needs for roofing, wall and lining solutions. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, the company also offers outstanding technical services, an international network of roofing contractors, distributors and field sales representatives and exceptional warranty protection. Products include: commercial roofing systems, roofing accessories, green roofing systems and daylighting systems, vegetative roofing systems, metal wall panels, insulation, cavity wall construction, pond liners, geomembranes and silicone and acrylic liquid coatings.