How to decide whether you need a mobile application for your Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
By Harshad Shah, Founder and President of Eagle Technology, Inc.
When considering a mobile application for your CMMS, there are a few factors to consider. How important is mobility to your operations? What platforms are you targeting? What capabilities do you need in a mobile app? In this article, we’ll discuss how to decide whether you need a mobile app for your CMMS.
What is a mobile application, and why would you need one for your CMMS system?
A mobile app is a software application designed to run on smartphones and tablets. Many businesses are now using mobile apps to improve communication with their customers, and many CMMS systems offer a mobile app to their users. So why would you need a mobile app for your CMMS system? Here are some reasons:
- A mobile app for your CMMS system can provide employees with real-time information about maintenance tasks and work orders, improving communication and productivity
- Maintenance workers can use a mobile app to capture images and notes of equipment issues or defects, which maintenance managers can use to create work orders.
- A mobile app can also provide customers with access to real-time service request statuses.
- By providing employees and customers with a mobile app, you can improve communication and customer satisfaction while also increasing the efficiency of your CMMS system.
What are some of the features that you should look for in a mobile app?
When it comes to choosing a CMMS app, it’s essential to find one that is user-friendly and easy to navigate. After all, you don’t want an app that’s difficult to use or confusing. So be sure to look for an app that is intuitive and straightforward. That way, you’ll be able to take full advantage of all its features and get the most out of your investment.
As the maintenance manager for your company, you’re committed to start tracking all the data related to the company’s maintenance operations. You, therefore, must look for a CMMS app with a great reporting system that will make tracking maintenance data easy and effortless.
When you first download the CMMS app, you might be a little intimidated by all the features. Therefore, you need to ensure it has customer support available if you have any questions or need help using the app.
The customer support team should be friendly and knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions about the app. They can also help you with troubleshooting problems and provide advice on how to get the most out of the CMMS app.
Ensuring that the CMMS app complies with safety and security regulations is essential for keeping your users safe. By ensuring that your app meets all the requirements, you can help protect your customers from potential harm. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking at the app’s security features:
- Any personal data collected by the app is securely stored and protected from unauthorized access.
- Ensure that the app does not contain any malicious code or viruses that could damage users’ devices or steal their information
- Ensure that the app functions correctly and does not cause any crashes or other problems for users.
- Test the app thoroughly to ensure that it is safe and reliable.
A mobile application can be a powerful tool for your CMMS system. It can provide you with instant access to your data and help you make better decisions while on the go. Most CMMS offers a wide range of features that can help you manage your maintenance operations more effectively. When looking for a mobile app, be sure to consider the features that are important to you.
Mr. Shah founded Eagle Technology, Inc. in 1987. His background includes extensive experience in manufacturing automation having held positions with Honeywell and consulting assignments with Ford Motor Company. Mr. Shah founded Micro Control Systems in 1976 to develop energy management systems with strong marketing relationship with Johnson Controls. In 1984, he sold it to Autotrol Corporation. He is a native of Bombay, India, and received his master’s degree in Computer Science from Utah State University in 1966. Mr. Shah has led Eagle Technology through its growth to become a leading CMMS/EAM developer with state of art products and worldwide markets.