How Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM installation and integration testing helped Emirates National Oil Company increase efficiency and save costs.
ENOC (Emirates National Oil Company) is an international oil and gas company, owning and operating assets in the fields of exploration and production, supply and operations, refining, terminals, fuel retail, aviation fuel and petroleum products for commercial and industrial use. ENOC is a wholly owned entity of the Government of Dubai.
ENOC’s CRM implementation requirement: As part of a Business Process/Customer Service improvement program, ENOC had implemented Microsoft Dynamics 365 with the support of a third-party solution developer. Testhouse engaged with them to test this customised Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM portal, to ensure that those newly implemented workflows, business rules, integration services with downstream systems and Outlook were working correctly.
- The ENOC Connect CRM system was developed for various groups/users of all business units such as ENOC Lubricants, EPPCO Lubricants, ECD – EIPM, Emirates Gas & EBI. So, each BU had its own business process in the CRM, and each one needs to exchange data between various ENOC downstream systems
- Gap Analysis between BBP and shared test cases.
- Only a limited number of test users were available to perform manual testing and each user had to be based on the BU which needed to be tested.
- Full-fledged regression testing done after each milestone, or when requirements were amended from the stakeholders.
- Understanding time-to-time change in application functionalities
- Data integration with the downstream systems, the CRM portal and Outlook.
- Verifying the alerts generated in the system for different customer types and against various criteria specific to different scenarios.
Based on the BBP shared by ENOC, Testhouse initially performed the requirement analysis and identified the areas of testing to be done. Then;
- Identified test scenarios and wrote missing test cases
- Uploaded test cases into MTM and mapped them as per the requirement matrix
- Reported defects and identified their priority depending on the impact of the defect and following ENOC QA policy
- Followed up with the development team for fixes and solutions as per business requests
- Conducted daily defect triage calls with the client team and the development team
Testhouse detected some defects which helped the development team to improve the quality of the Connect CRM system. In addition, the Testhouse team performed integration testing between Connect CRM and downstream systems as well as the CRM portal and Outlook, further strengthening ENOC systems. The entire exercise greatly increased efficiency and redundancy of ENOC systems ensuring streamlined operations and savings in time and cost for the company.