A review of the benefits and advantages of hiring a cleaning service post-construction.
There is no need to explain the need for ensuring the cleanliness of your project site and facilities. Your construction site should always implement the best practices for health and safety and should meet the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards. To save you time and help you focus on your construction project, you can hire the services of a construction cleaning company.
What can you get from hiring post-construction cleanup services? This article summarizes the benefits and advantages that you can have when you hire construction cleaning services.
1. Cleaner and Safer Site and Facilities
When your clients are excited to move in, you have to ensure that, before they do so, they will be delighted at the first impression. Your taking care of post-construction cleaning will speak volumes about the professionalism of your services. If you live in Detroit, first impressions matter much, so you should ensure that you have Detroit construction cleaning services to carry out the cleaning tasks the right way.
For home and facility owners, if your contractor doesn’t include clean up after a construction project and you want to have safer and cleaner area before moving in but you do not want to be doing the cleanup on your own, hire a professional construction cleanup company to save you time and trouble.
2. Detailed and Professional Cleaning Services
Professional construction cleanup services can also provide interval cleaning. In other words, you can secure post-construction cleanup services at intervals in the course of your construction project. This practice supports safety objectives and organizational efficiency.
Once your construction project is complete, the property would need a thorough cleaning. Since construction sites have different cleanup requirements, you might want to have detailed cleaning as well as final cleaning to be done during or prior to client inspections or before property owners move in.
Here are some of the construction clean up services offered by construction cleanup companies:
- Trash removal
- Cleaning of bathrooms, tubs, and toilets
- Cleaning and polishing of kitchen fixtures, sinks, and mirrors
- Wall dusting and vacuuming
- Cleaning all exterior and interior windows including window tracks and frames
- Polishing all cabinets, vanities, and countertops
- Cleaning and shining plumbing fixtures
- Dusting and cleaning utility closets, all light fixtures, and storage areas
- Stripping and waxing tile floors
One of the reasons why construction crews don’t usually address a thorough post-construction cleanup is that it’s not cost-effective. A construction cleanup will cost you more if you hire your own crew, which also affects your construction finance and accounting.
You can save money by hiring a professional construction cleaning crew to handle all cleaning tasks for you. If you’re a construction company, you can easily move on to your next project if you hire a cleaning professional to follow this up instead of you taking the time and effort to do it.
4. No Additional People to Supervise and Benefit
Whether you’re into remodeling, new home construction, or you run a building construction company, outsourcing the cleanup task to a local construction cleaning company helps avoid hiring extra workers to do the cleaning. You can imagine the hassle and stress of supervising construction workers and cleaning workers at the same time.
When it comes to employee management, here’s how you can benefit from hiring professional construction cleanup workers:
- Think of the cleaning employees’ salaries and benefits such as health insurance and workers’ compensation. You don’t have to manage their payroll and benefits such as compensation if a worker is injured in the workplace. To avoid liabilities, all you have to do is hire a construction cleanup company that is insured and bonded.
- Assigning the cleaning task to post-construction professionals will save you a lot of time, money, and effort. Choose one with a good reputation by checking the construction cleaning company’s website, reading review sites, and even their social media page.
- By doing so, you’re confident that the job will be handled effectively in terms of health and safety after the construction project. Construction cleanup companies have the right tools, equipment, and techniques that you probably cannot teach your construction workers since cleanup is totally a different type of work.
5. No Need to Worry About Waste Disposal
If you undertake post-construction cleanup on your own, sourcing cleaning supplies is another problem. Aside from this, waste disposal is also a big problem. Construction cleaning services know how to comply with local waste disposal ordinances to ensure that all wastes are properly disposed of in designated landfills. Since this job would require securing permits and licenses, you would rather choose to hire post-construction cleaning services than do it on your own.
Hiring construction cleaning services would provide great convenience, cost-savings, and stress-free post-construction cleanup before your clients move in or use the premises. Even property owners can call a construction cleanup company to take care of post-construction cleanup for a cleaner and safer place to move in.
Katie Wagner works in the construction industry and often writes articles about her professional experiences. With over twenty years of experience in the industry, Katie has experience working with different individuals and businesses that have unique construction needs.